Friday, November 5, 2010

India (Take Two)

ONE

Coming to India for me was more about recognition than the first-time shock. All the stories, photos and mind images only inflamed my imagination and I was ready to experience India in my own way.

There's all kinds of people coming to India, and for many different reasons. Enlightenment, yoga, relaxation or simply travelling - you name it. I read in a guide that everyone experiences India in their own way and that, after all, India is what you make of it. I believed it and I was determined to do so. And after eight months on the Subcontinent altogether, I've come to realize that it's so true.

Landing into Delhi in the middle of the night and seeing my friend among all those Indian faces felt great, especially after a couple of glasses of wine we've had up there above ten thousand meters. The guys (my friend and her boyfriend) were coming back from a party and (supposedly because of the fog) they had some problems finding the airport. In fact, they were pretty much drunk. Well, when we got to the car, he was sleeping with his head on the steering wheel and after he woke up, he spent around ten minutes looking for the car keys that were in his hand, so yeah, they were drunk.

It was definitely a fun ride into the city, driving on the left side of the road and trying to get accustomed to the twenty-five degrees in a late December night. From what it seemed then, the first India was like a bait to get me closer and take me deep inside.

You can also check India (Take One), India (Take Three) and Gotta Love Airports for some more stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...